Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm a 40yr old man dating a 22yr old woman...?

I'm a 40yr old man with a 22yr old girlfriend whom I absolutely love and adore. When i first met her i thought her age to be in the late 20's. She thought my age to be in late 20's to early 30's, due to being blessed with good genes. So basically when we are out together in public we don't appear like an odd couple. Sure I look a bit older than her but not like a geezer out with his daughter. Anyway, my question is: I've been contemplating whether or not I should make the noble self sacrifice of setting her free so that maybe she might meet someone closer to her own age I assume most of her family and friends would frown upon our age differences and I don't want to cause her any strife or hardships. The biggest problem is I've never cared for another woman the way I do her. The last year we've spent together has been bliss. She says I'm her best friend, and honestly she's my best friend too. The chemistry between us is amazing. We've never argued or yelled at each other. We've had disagreements but I'd let her have her way on certain issues and she'd let me have mine on others. I could on about our compatibility, but bottom line we seem to be made for each other in every way except the obvious... our age difference. Would I marry her? Absolutely. Would the age difference be a potential problem in the future? Probably so. Which is why I don't know what to do. I hate to let the love of my life go because of social stigmas or taboo's. And the potential problems in the future don't hold sway because many couples of nearly the same age statistically only have a 50 percent chance of staying together. Hope I've provided enough background info. Any suggestions? And for all of the haters who love to spew nasty comments without regard or empathy I'll say in advance...F@#K YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment