Monday, July 18, 2011

Why are questions regarding Mitt Romney doing missionary work in France in lieu of military in Vietnam taboo?

The sensitivity is probably the way you asked it although I don't see any hint of anything wrong in this question. I'm not sure this would cover your actual question but those who know more about the Vietnam war know that France was involved in the war before we got into it. The other thing I have in mind was that when I think of people doing missionary work, I think they go to some third world country and build a well, plant farms and stuff like that and the only thing I can think of when doing "missionary" work in France / Germany is either trying to get people to convert to Mormonism or just being given busy work so they could claim to be a missionary. During that time there were some rather elaborate and some ridiculous tricks to dodge the draft. z

No comments:

Post a Comment